Each state requires a certain amount of clock hours (training hours) in order to be eligible to sit for the state examination to become a licensed esthetician, cosmetologist, barber, electrologist or manicurist.
California requires 600 hours of training to become a licensed esthetician.
How Can I Get My 600 Hours?
To attain your 600 hours of training to become an esthetician, you can pursue one of two avenues: schooling or apprenticeship. If you choose to pursue your education through a school, here is what you need to know.
- You need to attend a state approved school. Bellus Academy is an approved school in the state of California.
- You must take the state board examination and pass in order to practice esthetics in the state of California. You cannot practice legally if you don’t have a license.
How Many Months Will It Take?
- Esthetician Program: can be completed in as little as five months in our day program and six months in our night program.
- Esthetician 102 Program: can be completed in as little as six months during our day program and eight months in our night program.
- Esthetics 103 Program: can be completed in as little as seven months in our day program and nine months in our night program.
- Esthetician 104 Program: can be completed in as little as seven months through our day program and nine months in our night program.
What is Esthetician 102, Esthetics 103 and Esthetician 104?
Bellus Academy offers students the chance to learn a variety of topics within the realm of esthetics. In addition to our esthetics program, we’ve created three other esthetics-based programs that students can take.
- Esthetician 102: This is our most popular esthetics program. This program covers the curriculum in our basic esthetics course, and includes 150 hours of Make-up Artistry. We students the chance to learn with internationally acclaimed brand Make-up Designory (MUD) products and curriculum.
- Esthetics 103: This course combines our basic esthetics program with 300 hours dedicated to learning luxury spa services including lash extensions, brow shaping and more.
- Esthetician 104: This program is our basic esthetics program with an extra twist. 300 hours of learning are dedicated to medi spa training. This training includes learning services like chemical peels, mechanical exfoliation and more advanced techniques.
How Do I Start My Training?
If you’re ready to jump into the wonderful world of esthetics, give us a call at (888) 990-7094. Our friendly staff members are more than happy to walk you through the enrollment process here at Bellus Academy!