Poor health has a direct impact on the overall effectiveness and performance of employees. Unmanaged health care concerns such as migraine headaches, diabetes, asthma attacks, or other stress related illness can damage overall company productivity when viewed across an employee population.
Corporate wellness programs are designed to contribute to the overall health and wellness of employees and their families by offering products, services and health educations resources which help to reduce stress related injuries and illnesses, and increase overall health. Overall benefits include reduced absenteeism, increase in employee morale, improved work performance, reduced sick leave, reduced health insurance costs and increased employee loyalty.
In addition to the health benefits to their employees, many companies are taking a broader look at their overall financial health, and seeing a wellness program as an important strategy for alleviating the impact of the enormous increases in health insurance premiums.
Research has shown that Employee Wellness Programs offer a positive Return-on-Investment making them a benefit that costs more to avoid than to provide. For example:*
- Preventable illness makes up at least 70 percent of all illness and the associated costs
- The total cost of obesity to U.S. employers is $13 billion per year.
- Obese Americans spend about 36 percent more on health services and 77 percent more on medications than people of healthy weight. That’s more than heavy smokers or heavy drinkers
- Workplace alcohol, tobacco, and other drug use costs over $100 billion each year
- Job stress is estimated to cost $200 to $300 billion annually in absenteeism, tardiness, and lost productivity
- Workers’ compensation costs for a smoker averages $2,189 compared to only $176 for a nonsmoker
*According to www.infinitehealthcoach.com
The Bellus Academy Corporate Wellness program offers a well-organized, unique approach to Corporate Wellness by offering employees and their families a variety of spa and salon services which are known to enhance overall health and wellness.
The Bellus Wellness Program includes:
- Wellness cards for employees to present at Bellus for complimentary and discounted services throughout the year
- Regular promotions specifically for employees
- Articles on wellness for Company newsletter
- Guest speakers on wellness for Company meetings
- Mini services for employees during Company Health and Wellness Fairs
- Posters and brochures to promote Corporate Wellness within the organization
- Corporate Wellness Retreats at Bellus Academy
To learn more about a Corporate Wellness Program for your company or organization, please contact Kelly Straeter at 858-748-1490 x325 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Kelly Straeter, Corporate Wellness Director at Bellus Academy